DIY from Home Energy magazine
- Roofs: Snowy and icy indicators of wasted money.
- Benchmarking: Compare a home's energy usage to that of similar homes.
- Air Sealing: Frozen pipe dilemnas.
- Refrigeration: Eight year olds burn a lot of energy.
- Walls and Windows: Sealing up a home's leaks.
- Energy Myths: Special web preview from Home Energy magazine Sept./Oct. 2001.
- Optimizing Your Ceiling Fan: Be more comfortable and save energy.
- Better Breathing: How to avoid mold, mildew, and that cave-like feeling.
- Beware the Closed Bedroom Door: It seems like such a simple act, but carbon monixde poisoning, smoke, and mold may follow.
- Sucking in Health Hazards: Does a house smell like a sewer?
- Energy Efficient Lighting: Can homes save money with compact fluorescent bulbs?
- Energy Efficient Financing: How to pay for making a house more efficient?
Indoor Air Pollution
- The Inside Story: A Guide to Indoor Air Quality (USEPA)
- Indoor Air Pollution: A Guide for Health Professionals (USEPA)
- IAQ Topics (USEPA)
- AirPlus (USEPA)
- Healthy and Affordable Housing: Practical Recommendations for Building, Renovating and Maintaining Housing (USDOE)
- Whole-House Ventilation Systems: Improved control of air quality (USDOE)
- Spot Ventilation: Source control to improve indoor air quality (USDOE)